|We have developed a Patient Family Advisory Council that will be meeting every quarter. We value the input of our patients and family members to provider exemplary care. Please see below for more information. If you are interested in joining please feel free to fill out the application and send it in. We will contact you before our next meeting. Space is limited.|
Hurley Avenue Family Medicine
Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
A PFAC is an established council of patients, their families, health care professionals and staff that meets regularly to discuss quality improvement strategies to achieve high-quality patient- and family-centered care. By bringing the perspectives of patients and families directly into the planning, delivery and evaluation of health care, we can improve the quality, safety and efficiency to patients’ and families’ health care experience.
Purpose of PFAC is to…
- Serve as an advisory resource to administration and staff of the organization to help us improve how we deliver care and to help future patients experience even higher levels of satisfaction
- Promote improvement of relationships between patients, families and staff
- Provide a venue for members to provide input into a setting where they are receiving care
- Increase understanding and cooperation between patients, families and staff
- Promote respectful, effective partnerships between patients, families and health professionals
- Record the minutes of each meeting and distribute it widely so the activities of the council are made aware to as much of the organization as possible
Qualities and Skills of Patient and Family Advisors
- Sharing insights and information about their experiences in an honest and constructive manner
- Showing concern for more than one issue or agenda
- Listening well and showing respect for others
- Speaking comfortably within a group and interacting well with different kinds of people
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What is the time commitment required for PFAC?
There is no minimal hours required. Quarterly meetings are suggested, but this topic will be addressed once the PFAC is fully formed. Days and times of meeting will be determined upon selection of the group . It is our goal to come to an agreement that fits into everyone’s schedule.
2.What issues will be addressed during these meetings?
The contributions of the PFAC members will have an impact on many levels of the organization including facility design, patient education, care initiation, and overall compassion between patients, families and providers. Examples of issues that can be addressed include: providing feedback to physicians regarding recent changes or new research topics, sharing ideas from recently attended seminars or conferences regarding patient care, making suggestions on ways to improve patient care, creating goals for the year on areas in need of improvement, etc.
3.How can I join to become a member of the PFAC?
Members who are chosen to be a part of the PFAC includes anyone who has received health care at Hurley Avenue Family Practice for the past two years or who is a family member/caregiver of a patient receiving care.
4.If you are not a member of PFAC, how can you provide feedback to help improve the practice?
Feedback is always encouraged whether you are a part of the PFAC or not. We highly value the input of all our patients and their family members. If you wish to bring up an issue or concern to the PFAC, you can contact the coordinator by email expressing your wish to bring up your topic at the next meeting.
|PFAC Application||Please fill out this application if you are interested in joining our Patient Family Advisory Council|